The Tottenham-Beeton District Softball Association (TBDMSA) is proud to offer an outstanding experience for males and females between the ages of twelve (12) and nineteen (19), the opportunity to become a Junior Umpire.
Reporting to the Junior Umpire-In-Chief, the Jr. Umpire shall officiate and control games, events, and competitions in a confident, appropriate manner. The Junior Umpire ensures all participants understand and complies with game rules and assess penalties when needed.
The TBDMSA offers:
- Free Training
- Free hat and uniform shirt (*Junior Umpires provide their own dark pants)
- Free Umpire equipment
- Compensation for assigned and completed duties.
· Passion for sport.
· Limited to moderate knowledge of Softball Canada, Softball Ontario and TBDMSA rules and regulations.
· Communication skills to inform athletes and coaches on the rules of the game, discuss infractions, and settle disputes.
· Decision-making skills.
· Good vision.
· Physical stamina.
· Access to travel to games.
Expected Commitment Levels
· Attend assigned games.
· Communicate to the Junior Umpire-In-Chief within a reasonable timeframe, if a scheduling conflict or situation arises.